Re: New multi-command facility displays in the wrong echo area.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: New multi-command facility displays in the wrong echo area.
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 20:34:45 +0300

> Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 10:12:39 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com>
> Cc: acm@muc.de, monnier@iro.umontreal.ca, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> > So you suggest in that case to overwrite the minibuffer
> > prompt, like Emacs 26 did?
>
> I do.

Drew, please don't go there.  These "rearguard wars" are pointless:
you've already argued all those arguments in the past, and were unable
to convince.  There's no need to reiterate your opinions; we know all
too well that you are unhappy about this change in behavior, and will
never agree with it.

But we aren't going back to what Emacs 26 did.  We might decide to
change the current behavior to improve it, but there's no chance we
are going to remove it.  So please don't start that argument again.
You can always customize your Emacs to behave like Emacs 26 did.

I'm sorry, I cannot afford reading the rest of your message, as it
simply repeats what you have already said in the past, several times.
Life is too short.

Just let go, will you?  TIA.