Re: Proposal for an Emacs User Survey

From: Adrien Brochard
Subject: Re: Proposal for an Emacs User Survey
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 10:41:56 -0400

Thank you!
I've added your suggestions in. For the lists, you can thank the Reddit
community, they did all the hard work.

** What is your Elisp proficiency?     - Beginner/No knowledge - Basic
elisp understanding -     Intermediate - Advanced - Expert

I would find it very hard to decide here.  Could something like this be
split into more easily quantifiable choices? Like do you know how to use
‘defmacro’?

** What is your Elisp proficiency?
    - No knowledge
    - I copy paste some code here and there, mostly for my configuration
    - I can write my own simple functions
    - I can write my own packages

What about these levels?

** If there is another survey in 2021, would you be opposed to it
containing optional & general demographics questions?    It could
include age backets, gender, country or language

Can’t you just put those in and make them optional?

Some people were vocal about their preference for the survey not to
include demographic questions, even optional, as it was inviting trouble.