RE: master 2a7488d: Add support for displaying short documentation for f

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: master 2a7488d: Add support for displaying short documentation for function groups
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 16:38:26 -0700 (PDT)

> I think the manual gives superior information in most cases, so I'd
> really like this to link to the manual and not the doc strings.  This is
> also a way to guide users into the manual and read more in-depth about
> not just the functions described, but the machinery surrounding them,
> giving them more context.

*Help* should have a link to the relevant manual node.
See thread "How to make Emacs popular again."  That's not
hard to do, and it's been done (e.g. in `help-fns+.el').

The reverse isn't true.  (But of course `C-h S' works
anywhere.)  Better to show *Help*, which would have not
only a link to the relevant node(s) in manual(s) but also
links to the functions, vars, and faces mentioned in the
*Help*.