Re: Proposal for an Emacs User Survey

From: Teemu Likonen
Subject: Re: Proposal for an Emacs User Survey
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2020 11:09:07 +0300

* 2020-10-09 19:12:23-04, Adrien Brochard wrote:

> Please find the list of questions I have gathered at the end of this
> email.

Great! I would like to see this survey conducted. It would be
interesting to see what people use Emacs for and some distribution of
answers. It's not easy to find good sample of users but if the survey is
published in some main communication platforms or communities it will be
good enough, I think.

Some Emacs proposals cause only talking and nobody actually does
anything. So perhaps your survey will be the best Emacs survey ever.
Best options are those that get implemented.

> ** What package do you use for error checking?
>     - Flymake
>     - Flycheck
>     - None

Some rare people use wcheck-mode which is available from GNU Elpa. I'm
the author and would like to see if it gets even 1 % of users against
the other more popular options.

https://github.com/tlikonen/wcheck-mode

--
/// Teemu Likonen - .-.. http://www.iki.fi/tlikonen/