Re: New multi-command facility displays in the wrong echo area.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: New multi-command facility displays in the wrong echo area.
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2020 18:12:15 -0400

> I still say it's wrong, but I suppose if I want it fixed, I'll have to
> fix it myself.

Just to clarify: I didn't mean to say that "it's been that way for so
long that it must be right", but just pointing out that it's not
a new problem.

I have no idea how easy it is to address.
Tho I think there is one way to avoid the problem: make isearch signal
an error in that case.  You'd get an error if isearch used a minibuffer
(because it'd be a recursive minibuffer which are disallowed by
default), and whether isearch uses a minibuffer or not is (to a large
extent) an internal implementation detail.

        Stefan