Re: Standardizing more key bindings?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Standardizing more key bindings?
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2020 09:27:22 -0400

> This led me to thinking that maybe Emacs actually needs a separate
> intermediate level of abstraction for keybinding customization.

I agree, but I don't know what such a thing would look like.

> And the solution that came to my head is something akin to Clojure's
> protocols.

I don't know what this means, concretely.

The only thing that seems "clear" is that to get the kind of
"polymorphism" that corresponds to adapting to various styles of
key-choices, we should devise a way for packages (other than key-choices
packages like `evil-mode` or `god-mode`, obviously) to never
specify/choose actual keys.

        Stefan