Re: feature/icomplete-vertical

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: feature/icomplete-vertical
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2020 14:52:57 +0200

On Mon, Oct 05, 2020 at 01:28:57PM +0100, Jo�o T�vora wrote:
On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 1:23 PM Ergus <spacibba@aol.com> wrote:

Hi Joao

The changes you show are the old version of the branch where I was
trying some experiments... I should have called it "scratch" to that
first version. I understand your concerns now. But not, this is not the
new version

I cleaned all of it in a recent forced push some weeks ago. Please give
a look at the new version. It is simpler and doesn't give any change in
the interface.

OK, I see it now. GreAat!  If that is the case, then I don't have
anything against it in principle. How does it solve the problem
that Gregory is also trying to solve?

Everything is solved by truncating the candidates properly considering
the max-mini-window-height, font size, window-text-pixel-size and so on
in advance.

As I said, the prompt problem is actually a design choice with some
"bad" consequences in our case, but not in general.

Jo�o