Feature request: CMake-mode

From: Ergus
Subject: Feature request: CMake-mode
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 00:33:47 +0200

Hi:

I have just noticed that Emacs does not have any native mode for cmake,
not even in elpa. And cmake is becomming more and more popular these
days.

There is a package in melpa which is very poorly maintained by the
cmake community.

https://melpa.org/packages/cmake-mode-20190710.1319.el
https://github.com/Kitware/CMake/blob/master/Auxiliary/cmake-mode.el

But it is indeed very poor and limited compared to others like:

https://melpa.org/#/cmake-font-lock

and produces some conflicts when interacting.

Could we consider to add a native cmake mode to vanilla or contact the
Kitware people to add this one to elpa? Or in the worst case to change
the name of their package in order to release the name and add a GPL
versioned one to elpa?

Best,
Ergus