Re: A proposal for a friendlier Emacs

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: A proposal for a friendlier Emacs
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 19:50:39 +0000

That only works on Posix systems. We should have a DICT client implemented in Emacs Lisp, perhaps based on dictionary.el.

What is missing in dictionary.el? It is implemented in Emacs Lisp, I just tried it (apt-get install elpa-dictionary), and it seems to work fine. The default server is dict.org, port 2628, which gives access to all dictionaries available in Debian.