Re: Sticky tooltips

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Sticky tooltips
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 05:39:22 +0200

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> * Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com> [2020-09-28 23:06]:
>> ;;; poor-man-tooltip.el ---                                 -*-
>> lexical-binding: t; -*-
>>
>> (require 'widget)
>>
>> (defvar pm-tooltip-duration)
>> (setq pm-tooltip-duration 4)
>>
>> (defun pm-test ()
>>   (interactive)
>>   (pm-tooltip "Here is some tootip text."))
>
> Under EXWM is not working so well.

Probably, and probably with many other x11 managers. A WM can do
whatever (reparent, resize etc) and all those requests about
decorations, visibility etc are usually just hints that WM can but does
not need to implement. I don't know what exwm does or how Emacs passes
all this data to WM.

It was anyway just a quick test to show how "sticky" tooltip might
look-like, interface wise.