Re: On elisp running native - Update 12

From: Andrea Corallo
Subject: Re: On elisp running native - Update 12
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 15:39:48 +0000

Caio Henrique <caiohcs0@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Andrea,
>
> I have a question: does libgccjit include support for the GCC's OpenMP
> implementation? If so, then could that be used on Emacs? I.e. the elisp
> equivalent of something like:
>
> #pragma omp parallel for private(i) shared(a)
>   for (i=1; i<n; i++)
>     b[i] = (a[i] + a[i-1]);

Hi Caio,

It does not.  We may add it tho, but I think would be more beneficial to
expose first aref aset and see what we can generate with the GCC
vectorizer.  But I guess before that in the line unboxing is waiting.

There is really a vast space of possible improvements to be covered for
the future.

  Andrea