Re: How to make Emacs popular again.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: How to make Emacs popular again.
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 13:31:51 -0400

> I am a new (2020 started) Emacs user.
> Sell customer support packages,

Might be a good idea, indeed.

I'm personally not interested in selling such support (I'm too happy
contributing to Emacs only when I feel like it), but if other people
want to, they're very welcome to do so.

I do expect that they'd suffer from the same problems as configs like
Spacemacs and friends in that it would be difficult for them to get
their changes into Emacs because they would inevitably work within
a very different context (e.g. their clients wouldn't be Emacs
old-timers).

        Stefan