Re: feature/icomplete-vertical

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: feature/icomplete-vertical
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2020 17:04:54 +0200

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 05:28:50PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Please note that I wasn't replying to your proposal, I was replying to
Jimmy's.

trying to calculate the height of the completion candidate list,
which amount (as Stefan wrote) to redoing what redisplay does.

I don't agree with Stefan, if this interpretation of what he said is
correct.  We have window-text-pixel-size to measure the size of text
on display without redoing what redisplay does.

Hi Eli that's what I have been doing so far, but the approach looks a
bit too complex. It is actually not, but I understand that a better
simpler one is desirable.

You can look at the attached patch.

Any way it seems to me a bit buggy that (only) the prompt disappears in
this situation and how it behaves when we use the arrows. In general
without this issue we should be allowed to set \n separator and it
basically should work out of the box without requiring my code at all.

Best,
Ergus