Re: A proposal for a friendlier Emacs

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: A proposal for a friendlier Emacs
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 14:25:52 -0400

   >    On first start, the wizard would offer the option to create an empty
   >    .emacs and never bother you again.
   >
   > The issue is that it would bother you on first start, at all.

   On balance this a good thing, IMO.  And if you disagree, it will only
   bother you once.

No, it will bother _each_ and _every_ time I start a new Emacs where I
have not done so previously.  That is a fairly common situation, both
for new users, but also for experienced users who are the majority of
Emacs users.

Lets not make Emacs annoying to use, OK?