Re: solarized

From: Gian Uberto Lauri
Subject: Re: solarized
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 09:53:34 +0200

RS> No, just one set.  Then compute the inverse of the colors in that
RS> set.

RS> By inverse I mean, the color that is to white as color X is to
RS> black.  I don't know what formula is needed for that, but I
RS> presume someone does.

I think it is something that could be described as

        the value of each member of the inverse triplet is #FF minus
        the value of the corresponding member in the original triplet,
        that is "computes the complementary color"

but I fear that other things impact on the perception of the colors,
i.e. the monitor settings, cultural background (don't be surprised, it
is human perception after all, and it's strongly influenced by
psycological components including the name you give to colors, see the
Himbas in Africa, and Japan - I think that they see shades of grue
[see
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/2013/02/25/language/the-japanese-traffic-light-blues-stop-on-red-go-on-what/]).

--
 /\           ___                                    Ubuntu: ancient
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____               African word

Warning: gnome-config-daemon considered more dangerous than GOTO