Re: Question about modeline usage

From: Pankaj Jangid
Subject: Re: Question about modeline usage
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 08:52:23 +0530

On Tue, Sep 15 2020, chad wrote:
> This prompts me to ask: does anyone here use the default mouse-1
> and/or mouse-3 bindings on the buffer name? I'm not asking about
> people that heavily customize the modeline, but rather about people
> that use the default (or minor variations thereof).

I have rarely used mouse with Emacs. And the only customization that I
did with the mode-line was removing VC status. Not that I don't want to
see the status, but because the VC status is not updated automatically
when I checkout a different branch by using some other means -
commandline git or Magit package. If there is a fix for that without
degrading the performance, then I would revert to the default mode-line.