Re: A modern-mode?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: A modern-mode?
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 12:45:17 -0400

   >> > Yes, let's find a different name for this.  I'd object to calling it
   >> > "modern", because I disagree that vanilla Emacs isn't.
   >>
   >> I think "modern" implies that one day it won't be modern any more, so
   >> it's a fine name by me.  But perhaps it should be more specific:
   >> `modern-2020-mode'.
   >
   > I'm okay with that if we drop the "modern" part.  How about
   > emacs-2021-mode?

   I like this one too :) But would still be possible to have it enabled
   with a command line option?  I mean if every new release we have a new
   version of this mode (theme?) either we loose this ability or we have
   the command line option binded to the most recent one.

Why not some clickable link on the splash screen, or a toggle from the
menu-bar?

The only option that might make sense is an option to select a theme
from the command line.