Re: Context menus and mouse-3

From: Tak Kunihiro
Subject: Re: Context menus and mouse-3
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 15:28:56 +0900

> Mouse support is poor in Emacs, this is the reason
> why I don't use the mouse in Emacs.

I have an impression that relative to Emacs's capability, mouse support
is not as good as expected.

- Horizontal scroll by wheel is supported.
- Moving text using mouse is supported.
* Contextual menu is not supported yet.

I think that depending on a thing at mouse event (file, dir, or URL),
choice of operation should be popped up.  When there is no suggestion,
`Edit' menu should be popped up.  Also, by click on mode-line, buffer
list should be popped up.

I am using a global minor mode `poplife-mode' that puts commands on
mouse-3.  I attach a file with poplife-mode to show the idea.