RE: Context menus and mouse-3 [was: Changes for emacs 28]

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Context menus and mouse-3 [was: Changes for emacs 28]
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 01:47:37 +0000 (UTC)

> The first message in this thread (Mouse Commands, plugging the manual,
> etc.) has meaningfully changed my workflow.  In fact, I was playing
> with the feature described above last night.   Double click the
> closing paren of a defun.  Now Mouse-3 after the following defun.
> Finally, mouse-3 a second time in the same place (that is, right after
> the second defun).
>
> *Yoink*

<selection is killed>

And with mouse3.el, by default you'd double-click there,
instead of a slower-than-double-click second click there.

Or the reverse (not the default), if that's what you prefer.

Either way, the other (slow-2nd by default, or double by
option) shows you a context menu.  (And the menu includes
`Kill' and `Delete', if your double-vs-second fu misses.)