Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Alan Third
Subject: Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 00:32:07 +0100

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 08:45:56PM +0000, Gregory Heytings via Emacs
development discussions. wrote:
> This is not clear at all IMO.  When users choose to use VS Code or Atom or
> Emacs or ..., they choose between a number of free (as in beer) products. In
> such cases I tend to think that marketing plays little if any role, and that
> it's the quality of the product that matters.

One thing I see come up time and again is how so many people believe
that all Emacs users have crippled, arthritic hands because of the use
of modifiers. I'm sure it genuinely puts people off Emacs.

That is "marketing".
--
Alan Third