Re: Mouse information in xterm.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Mouse information in xterm.
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 21:56:37 +0300

> Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 20:13:11 +0200
> From: Ergus <spacibba@aol.com>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> When we call x-popup-dialog with t as the first parameter. The function
> x_popup_menu_1 tries to get the cursor/mouse position calling
> term_mouse_position. (As the documentation says)
>
> The issue is that term_mouse_position always report (0,0) as the current
> position independently of the cursor and mouse actual positions because
> it just copies the values in last_mouse_x and last_mouse_y which are
> zero because nobody updated them, see.

last_mouse_x and last_mouse_y will change only if you use GPM mouse on
the terminal.  Otherwise, these variables will remain zero on
GNU/Linux.  So what you see is expected unless you use GPM (do you?).

The doc string of x-popup-dialog says that if POSITION is t, then the
dialog appears at the center of the selected frame.  So what you see
is exactly what the documentation says, and I don't understand what is
the problem you are trying to solve, or why POSITION being t is
important to you, or where you expected or wanted the dialog to pop up
or why there.  Please elaborate, as I feel we are talking past each
other.

I see the same on a GUI frame, btw, so I also don't understand what
"works as expected in gui" for you.

What am I missing?