Re: Dark mode by default

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Dark mode by default
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 16:36:45 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Anyway, I think we should stop the dispute about the colors.  Color
> preferences are deeply individual, and whatever we do, someone will
> want to change the defaults.

Well, the question here was what Emacs should do if the user has
specified that they want an OS-level "dark theme".  Emacs doesn't
currently respect that choice, I think?  (At least Emacs comes up, by
default, with a white background here on a Debian/Gnome Shell platform,
while everything else comes up with a dark background.)