Re: "modern" colors Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: "modern" colors Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 03:51:08 +0300

On 13.09.2020 03:36, arthur miller wrote:
But to the topic, I indeed suggested to include Solarized in Emacs, but I also suggested to turn Batsov's implementation of Solarized into more general framework for defining color schemes in Emacs so that people can use it to easily create  and I stall whichever color scheme they like. Thus it does not need to be limited to low contrast at all.

Yes, it's an interesting idea. I don't have the time to explore it, but others are very welcome to.

It would make Emacs look more aesthetically pleasing if packages output data in more color consistent and coherent  way instead of everyone sprinkling hardcoded RGB values for their outputs.

Yup. It sounds like a big change, though.