Re: master 262d0c6: Mark some tests as expensive

From: Daniel Martín
Subject: Re: master 262d0c6: Mark some tests as expensive
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 17:16:19 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> I don't understand what you are arguing here.  AFAIK, Michael already
> either marked "unstable" or rewrote any tests that are known to suffer
> from non-determinism.  Slow speed doesn't necessarily add
> non-determinism, not if Emacs waits for the operation to complete.
>
> So I don't see how this is relevant to the issue at hand, which is the
> criteria for marking tests "expensive" and not running them by
> default.  What am I missing?

After reading "Tramp tests need more time because they involve a remote
system" I assumed that those tests were accessing real hosts using the
network. That's why I mentioned the importance of determinism in
tests. Michael has pointed out that network connections are correctly
"mocked" in "make check", which seems fine.