Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 09:44:45 +0200

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 10:12:01AM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > From: "Philip K." <philipk@posteo.net>
> > Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 09:04:59 +0200
> > Cc: Gregory Heytings <ghe@sdf.org>, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> >
> > I think that this is the case, most programmes seem to use the
> > "Hamburger Menu"[0] instead of a transitional top-menu. I'm not sure
> > what the reason for this change was, but I have a hunch one of the
> > motivating reasons was the attempt to merge applications and the window
> > frames
>
> I think the reason is likely to be compatibility with mobile platforms,
> where screen space is at premium.

This is a friendly interpretation. You're such a friendly person [1].

Me? I'd say the Hamburger menu is the latest fad, to be taken over
next year by the Sushi menu, or the Falafel-Halloumi-Magali menu,
depending on the alignment of the stars.

Never forget that the current trendsetters care for user's well-being
as much as the cattle-herders care for their cattle's well-being.

They are the wares. Their customers are elsewhere.

Cheers

[1] Someone might be tempted to read irony in this. That'd be wrong.

 - t