Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 14:46:59 -0700

Gregory Heytings via "Emacs development discussions."
<emacs-devel@gnu.org> writes:

> I'm not a maintainer, but FWIW my opinion is that what will most likely
> happen is that they will never agree to do this.  Menus are not "modern".

Maybe not.  But we don't know until we have given them the opportunity
to think about this problem.  Even if just a small number of popular
distributions choose to listen it would be an improvement.

The same explanatory text could be used to file several bug reports.
That makes it worth spending the extra couple of minutes to make sure
that it's a convincing text.