Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Pankaj Jangid
Subject: Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 07:18:35 +0530

Gregory Heytings via "Emacs development discussions."
<emacs-devel@gnu.org> writes:

> That's too complex IMO.  I at least would never have the patience to
> watch N videos to discover such things.  If the target is users who
> just give Emacs a try, as we all do from time to time for programs we
> don't know, expecting that they would first watch videos (or to read
> introductory material) sets the bar way too high.

I assumed the same thing when I was training a new joinee in my
company. Probably we are getting old. :-) This new person tells me after
going through software manuals for 2-3 days, "do we have video
tutorials?"

So my opinion is that we need impressive community videos that talk
about vanilla emacs.