RE: Changes for emacs 28

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 10:25:31 -0700 (PDT)

> I use line numbers, but instead of enabling them by default we could
> make it very very accessible in the toolbar or initial config dialog.

Menu Options >
  Show/Hide >
    Line Numbers for All Lines (submenu)

(And yes, the menu-bar needs to be shown initially,
i.e., by default.)

> with use-packages the lisp knowledge needed to configure
> is minimal. Just to understand (this detail)

Maybe so, but I see _lots_ of questions posted that
come from not understanding the syntax, or rather
the behavior of certain bits of the syntax.

Some of that is not understanding Lisp, I think.
Most of it is not, perhaps.