Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 21:01:51 +0000

Ergus <spacibba@aol.com> writes:

> May we consider to insert use-package, leaf or something similar in
> vanilla?

Work on use-package is ongoing, see its GitHub issues page where they
are sorting out the assignment.  I believe I linked the relevant issue
on this list a couple of days ago.

It is my understanding that the idea is to include it in Emacs itself
(rather than only as an ELPA package).

> Maybe we don't need them fully but at least a part of their
> functionalities could be inserted in packages.el?

What do you have in mind?