Re: ELPA -- making individual packages

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: ELPA -- making individual packages
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2020 10:07:01 -0700

>>> Dunno what's going on here, I tried once (first make externals, then
>>> make) and it gave me:
>>>
>>>   INFO     Scraping files for counsel-autoloads.el...done
>>>   INFO     Scraping files for cpio-mode-autoloads.el...
>>> cpio-newc-test.el:0:0: error: scan-error: (Unbalanced parentheses 2556 2702)
>>> make: *** [GNUmakefile:141: packages/cpio-mode/cpio-mode-autoloads.el]
>>> Error 255
>>
>> Hmm... I don't see any `cpio-newc-test.el` here.  Any chance this got
>> fixed by pulling again?
>
> Yes it did -- I think I *thought* I had pulled before I made the first
> time, but hadn't, so I was building something very stale. This and the
> sql-beeline error are gone now.

Actually the process didn't make it all the way through, and blew up on:

Byte compiling packages/phps-mode/phps-mode-wy.el
Unable to activate package ‘ebdb-i18n-chn’.
Required package ‘pyim-1.6.0’ is unavailable
*** redefining precedence of ‘%precedence’
*** redefining precedence of ‘%precedence’
*** redefining precedence of ‘%precedence’
*** redefining precedence of ‘%precedence’
*** redefining precedence of ‘%precedence’
*** redefining precedence of ‘%precedence’
*** redefining precedence of ‘%precedence’
*** redefining precedence of ‘%precedence’
*** redefining precedence of ‘%precedence’
*** redefining precedence of ‘%precedence’
*** redefining precedence of ‘%precedence’

In toplevel form:
packages/phps-mode/phps-mode-wy.el:270:17: Error: Symbol ‘exit_expr’ is used,
but is not defined as a token and has no rules
make: *** [GNUmakefile:173: packages/phps-mode/phps-mode-wy.elc] Error 1

Let me know if there's a more useful or systematic way I can report
these errors or help fix them.