Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 09:26:27 +0200

On Tue, Sep 08, 2020 at 01:33:24PM +0800, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
> > Doesn't menu File > Open File do what you request,
> > by default? [...]

> Hmm. You are right. I thought that the problem was with Emacs defaults,
> but it seems to be a problem with <package> [...]

I'm sure there are a couple of things to learn from this, although
I can't quite put my finger on it. A try:

 - versatility vs. user experience fragmentation?
 - ease/difficulty of moving between Emacs "subworlds"?
 - opinionated/authoritarian vs. permissive/loosey-goosey?

Does software have a pedagogical duty? If yes, which one?

I think those questions have some relationship with Gnu's core values,
somehow.

Sorry for being so fuzzy.

Cheers
 - t