Re: About implementing libre.js/el in Emacs

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Re: About implementing libre.js/el in Emacs
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 07:13:02 -0700

Qiantan Hong <qhong@mit.edu> writes:

1+ for the elisp side.

Here are a few more things to think about:

Looking forward or Looking Back?

Most of the Web's "web apps" are written in JS, but I suspect much of
that will also fall outside the bounds of what RMS calls "ethical JS".

At the same time, having  a "web in emacs extension language" might
allow us to imagine, invent, and create a whole new class of
collaborative interactions that the so-called mainstream Web might never
think of or create -- and in that sense, a prototyping/extension
language that aligns with elisp might serve us better.

In thi scontext, I'd also like to point at the Nyxt browser which uses
parenscript  (Lisp that compiles down to JS) as an  another example of
using Lisp to script the Web.

https://common-lisp.net/project/parenscript/

--
?7?4 Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  ?0?8