Re: Modernize frame-title-format: "%b - GNU Emacs"

From: Thibaut Verron
Subject: Re: Modernize frame-title-format: "%b - GNU Emacs"
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 22:40:42 +0200

Sure.  But see below (you quoted, but didn't address).
Even if someone agrees that the app name should be
present, should it really be leftmost?  And how often
is the app name really helpful?

For what it's worth, I usually don't have the same document or directory opened
in different apps, but when switching apps I'm looking for a software, not for a
document. Especially in the case of Emacs, regardless of whether my current file
is main.tex or program.py, the place to go to for edition is Emacs and that's what I
look for in the window switcher.

The buffer name is only useful whenever I have two emacs frames on the same workspace.

And I guess I always felt a bit annoyed when switching to Emacs window, without
being able to pin-point exactly why... but now I suspect that it is because the default
frame name does not make it as easy to identify emacs as other software.