Re: on emacs 28 for windows

From: Wayne Harris
Subject: Re: on emacs 28 for windows
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 13:07:46 -0300

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 22:21:11 -0300
>> From: Wayne Harris via "Emacs development discussions." <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
>>
>> C:\sys\emacs.28\bin>echo %EMACSLOADPATH%
>> %EMACSLOADPATH%
>>
>> C:\sys\emacs.28\bin>
>>
>> That convinces me it's not set.
>
> The canonical test is to say
>
>   C:\sys\emacs.28\bin>set EMACSLOADPATH
>
> That should produce an explicit "not defined" response if the variable
> is not defined.

Thanks for the instructions.

C:\sys\emacs.28\bin>set EMACSLOADPATH
Variável de ambiente EMACSLOADPATH não definida

C:\sys\emacs.28\bin>emacs -Q
Warning: Lisp directory
'c:/msys64/home/Administrator/emacs-build/git/master/lisp': No such file or
directory

C:\sys\emacs.28\bin>

That's Portuguese for ``Environment variable EMACSLOADPATH not
defined.''

>> I don't think my GNU Emacs installations have ever made any changes
>> to the Windows registry, but how would I know?  Where would I look?
>
> Start regedit and search for the variable's name with C-f followed by
> F3.

Nothing found.  Notice I selected ``My computer'', so it must've
searched through all root keys.  See https://imgur.com/a/uYkeyRh.

[...]