Re: Modernize frame-title-format: "%b - GNU Emacs"

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: Re: Modernize frame-title-format: "%b - GNU Emacs"
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 15:35:51 +0100

Dear Alfred,

>>>>> Alfred M Szmidt <ams@gnu.org> writes:

I am pleased you have raised concerns about the proposed change in the
title-bar. I very much agree with you.

We already have a functioning title bar, without the need for further
configuring, which gives not useful information but essential
information. I suggest that is the purpose of the tile bar - it is not
to look pretty.

If it's thought that "most users" only use emacs on a single host then
tramp ought to be moved from emacs core and made an optional package!

Colin Baxter
GnuPG fingerprint: 68A8 799C 0230 16E7 BF68  2A27 BBFA 2492 91F5 41C8