Re: Delete variables obsolete since Emacs 23

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Delete variables obsolete since Emacs 23
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2020 22:28:42 -0400

> But thinking about this a bit more, I agree with Drew here --

Given the controversy here, I don't feel comfortable deleting
interactive-p.  So I left that part of my patch out and pushed the rest
as commit 326fdb9ec0.

The next step here is the obsoletions in semantic.

> interactive-p is used too much in the wild for us to ever delete it.  It
> should stay marked as obsolete, but with a comment saying "never delete"
> or something, because removing it will break too much code out there.

FWIW, I also think there's merit to the argument advanced by Drew and
Lars in the case of interactive-p.  (But my preference would be to say:
"Delete after year or version N".)

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas