Re: Line wrap reconsidered

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Line wrap reconsidered
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2020 21:47:02 +0300

> From: Yuan Fu <casouri@gmail.com>
> Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2020 14:00:16 -0400
> Cc: larsi@gnus.org,
>  emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
>  On Aug 15, 2020, at 1:46 PM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>
>  (which should offer that as an optional feature).
>
> I don’t know what does that look like, is there a custom option that I can
> look at as an example?

What I had in mind is to have a special value of word-wrap-by-category
that would load kinsoku by calling a setup function.  You can use the
:set keyword of the defcustom to arrange for the setup function.  And
example of using :set in cus-start.el is cursor-in-non-selected-windows
(and many other options).