Re: PATH, exxec-path and early-init file [Windows]

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: PATH, exxec-path and early-init file [Windows]
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 16:58:46 +0300

> Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 14:54:21 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Angelo Graziosi <angelo.g0@libero.it>
> Cc: "emacs-devel@gnu.org" <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
>
> ..but why early-init.el does not work as one expect?

Why do you think it doesn't?  I've read your original description, and
didn't understand why you thought moving it from the "normal" init
file to early-init would solve the problem.  Perhaps because I don't
understand why you modify PATH from within Emacs, and what does that
have to do with your image DLLs.

> Anyway, it seem that this solves my problem: I create a Windows link (.lnk)
> whose target is
>
> C:\msys64\usr\bin\env.exe PATH="/mingw64/bin:$PATH"
> HOME=/c/Users/utente/AppData/Roaming /c/Emacs/bin/runemacs.exe

The recommended way of doing stuff like that is to change the
system-wide environment, i.e. add the above to your environment
variables, so that you don't need to set this up anew each Emacs
invocation.