Re: Making GNUS continue to work with Gmail

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: Making GNUS continue to work with Gmail
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 14:40:13 +0200

>>>   <tomas@tuxteam.de> writes:

> On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 08:54:33AM +0200, Uwe Brauer wrote:
> [...]

>> I wonder if it makes some sense to try to talk to the google folks.

> You think all of this is unintentional on their [1] part?

Well no, but they might have trouble convincing in the future
universities or other research facilities to change to their GSuites.

> Cheers

> [1] "their" in the sense of "corporate strategy". Now if you'd
>    get the folks working at Google interested on that topic, that
>    might be a Big Win (TM).

I wait for the verdict, of the master, Lars, to see what he thinks.
That is whether either the python script approach a la mutt or the
approach of Daniel Vrátil is doable for GNUS and whether RMS
approves it, of course.

When my university years ago switched to gmail, I thought what a
relieve! No space problem, no server shutting down unexpectedly. Using
smime encryption also made it more difficult for them to scan my email,
but this move really destroys all of the sudden the pros I found with
gmail. I wished now, they wouldn't have done it.