Re: Making GNUS continue to work with Gmail

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Making GNUS continue to work with Gmail
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 08:42:01 +0200

On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 03:41:25AM +0000, arthur miller wrote:
> I share your sentiment about using different mail provider. Personally I have
> gmail and outlook (live) accounts, but I would rather skip both if I could.
> Alternative to me is what my ISP offers, but that changes when I switch ISP
> so it is not a "stable" as gmail/outlook. I think that my current ISP does
> not even offer email service, but I am not sure.
>
> I would gladly pay for a "free" email service that guarantees my privacy, so
> somebody should hint FSF/GNU people for possible business opportunity here
> :-).

There are. Depending on your tastes, riseup.net might qualify
(those are even voluntary contribution).

Over here in Germany, posteo.de and mailbox.org come to mind.

Search locally: most of those offers aren't "big names" for a
reason.

> Skickat från min Samsung Galaxy-smartphone.

Hey, your phone is posting ads here! Tell him to behave ;-)

Cheers
 - tomás