Re: Making GNUS continue to work with Gmail

From: 황병희
Subject: Re: Making GNUS continue to work with Gmail
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2020 22:01:58 +0900

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

>    > Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
>    >> I am confused. I use gnus for reading my Gmail account, since my
>    >> university switched to it a couple of years ago. It still works. Are you
>    >> saying it will stop working in the future?
>
>    > Yes, Google have said they will discontinue user name/password
>    > authentication over IMAP.
>
> I just googled, could you please provide a link? If I understand you,
> this will stop working if you have, less secure apps enabled?

LSA(less secure apps) enabling is not good. Though you would like to
login into Gmail with Emacs/ssmtp/nullmailer/msmtp. The [app password --
16 digit code] is the best choice for now. In my case i did put it(app
password) into /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp-gmail.conf ;;;

Sincerely, Gnus fan Byung-Hee

--
^고맙습니다 _白衣從軍_ 감사합니다_^))//