Re: Lightweight, C-only implementation of Emacs

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Lightweight, C-only implementation of Emacs
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2020 23:55:09 +0200 (CEST)

*shrug* The author told you not to use it. What don't you understand about the statement?

FWIW, I use it very happily. It might be worthwhile trying to find out why he doesn't recommend its use and what he recommends instead. Maybe the issue is simply that he lost interest and we should be looking for another maintainer.

The main (and serious) limitation of Zile is that it has no support for Unicode. In fact it is in practice limited to ASCII characters. There should apparently be a "displayable-characters" configuration variable to use 8-bit character sets, but it is nowhere documented how it should be set.

Gregory