Re: Regarding outline headings in emacs-lisp libraries

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Regarding outline headings in emacs-lisp libraries
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 21:56:48 +0300

> From: Jonas Bernoulli <jonas@bernoul.li>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 20:34:01 +0200
>
> Whatever alternative name we choose for "Code:", nothing else can so
> clearly say "this is the first section that contains code".

"Code starts here" is better (assuming that we want to have a marker,
not a heading).

Anyway, my main problem with the proposal to leave "Code:" is that it
works against the very heart of outlining: it breaks the structure of
the document.  And it gives me the creeps when I see documents whose
structure is broken.  (I actually don't understand how you reconcile
that with the rest of your proposal.)