Re: A question about overlays and performance.

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: A question about overlays and performance.
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 09:36:06 +0800

> Any chance to fix also bug#40808? It's still open because there is
> no solution for isearching invisible text in org-mode.

Thanks for pointing out this bug. Searching actually works fine on my
feature branch + patched isearch (though it is actually an unintended
side-effect). However, (setq isearch-lazy-count t) leaves the last
headline open. I will need to investigate this.

> The problem is that org-mode puts the text property 'invisible'
> only when the link is scrolled into view, I guess it puts the property
> using font-lock.
>
> So it seems org-mode needs to use font-lock-ensure on the line
> with the next search hit before calling isearch-filter-predicate
> on the found occurence.

I am currently undecided about searchability of hidden text in links. Do
I understand correctly that you prefer the hidden parts of links to be
searchable? Either way is possible. If hidden parts are searchable, it
will be even possible to show them temporarily.

Best,
Ihor

--
Ihor Radchenko,