Re: master 7551aff 4/4: Bind switch-to-buffer-obey-display-actions to t

From: Sean Whitton
Subject: Re: master 7551aff 4/4: Bind switch-to-buffer-obey-display-actions to t
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2020 20:27:34 -0700

Hello Stefan,

On Sun 26 Jul 2020 at 10:07PM -04, Stefan Monnier wrote:

>>     Bind switch-to-buffer-obey-display-actions to t
>
> This sounds wrong.  Why not change the rest of the code to use
> `pop-to-buffer-same-window` instead?

AIUI Dmitry made this change purely so that project-switch-to-buffer
would work with project-other-*-command.  So are you suggesting that
project-switch-to-buffer use pop-to-buffer-same-window?

I think that would not be ideal, because for users with
switch-to-buffer-obey-display-actions set to nil globally, it is good
that switch-to-buffer unconditionally uses the selected window, and it
seems that project-switch-to-buffer should be consistent with
switch-to-buffer.

--
Sean Whitton