Re: Opaque objects and Emacs documentation

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Opaque objects and Emacs documentation
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 00:02:17 +0300

On 21.07.2020 22:38, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

I started replying to say that you are welcome to propose improvements
for better description of allowed semantics, but then again, you
probably meant something like more details about which cons cell
contains which values.

Actually, no.  For user commands it is better to describe a project in
terms of outside world: files, directories, repositories, etc.

Right.

Well, we're still growing the capabilities, and with that, the notion of what constitutes a project, is expanding bit by bit.

In the meantime, I have added more text to Commentary in project.el.
Please take a look whenever convenient.

It is orders of magnitude better than what we had before.  Thank you
very much for working on that.

Welcome!

But I basically retold (sometimes copied) the contents of the recent discussion. Which I said I'd do.