Re: Opaque objects and Emacs documentation

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Opaque objects and Emacs documentation
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 16:56:43 +0300

> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> From: Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru>
> Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 16:09:14 +0300
>
> On 17.07.2020 15:52, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > OK, point taken.  But the question still stands, even with the
> > modified wording: is there really no way of comparable quality to
> > implement something like project.el except by keeping opaque objects
> > at those high levels?
>
> Where else would we keep "opaque objects"?

The question you are asking is irrelevant, and certainly doesn't
answer my question above.

You are saying that there's no comparable or better way of
implementing this functionality, and I question that.  I hope you or
someone else can explain why the way you use generics in project.el is
indeed so much better than the alternatives.