Re: master 0339325: ; * lisp/progmodes/project.el (project-current): Doc

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: master 0339325: ; * lisp/progmodes/project.el (project-current): Doc fix.
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 17:14:36 +0300

On 13.07.2020 16:21, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
What I wrote talks only about the "transient" project, which AFAIU
uses the default implementation.  So I think it's as informative as
possible in this case.

My point was the current phrasing is fairly tautological. I'm not sure it is apparent for an arbitrary reader that we're talking about the default implementation.

But the fact that ignored files are described by the return value of 'project-ignores' is a fact about the API as a whole, and applies to all backends, not just this one.

> The description of the transient project doesn't have to be detailed,
> because it's, well, transient.  Its documentation needs to give some
> idea what it is and how it is used; anything else is not a necessity,
> IMO.

That is true.

Regarding the rest, your complaint is valid, I will reply later.