Re: master 1e3b0f2: Improve doc strings of project.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master 1e3b0f2: Improve doc strings of project.el
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 11:53:27 +0300

On July 13, 2020 10:52:57 AM GMT+03:00, "Gregory Heytings via Emacs development
discussions." <emacs-devel@gnu.org> wrote:

> > IOW, doing that does NOT make these details part of the public API
> which
> > we promise shall remain stable.
> >

> I might be wrong, but in that case I think Dmitry's viewpoint is that
> this
> information should not be placed in the doc strings, but in the
> comments
> in the source file.

Maybe so, but the suggestion to move what I added to the doc strings into
comments was never voiced by Dmitry until the very last message, and even there
he is still firmly against documenting the form of the return value, no matter
where.