Re: Tab-bar autoclose question

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Tab-bar autoclose question
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2020 11:50:56 +0200

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 12:55:13AM +0300, Juri Linkov wrote:
I am wondering if maybe there is a simple method to autohide/autoclose the
tabbar in some condition. For example, when I close all the other tabs and
there is only one.

Is it a straightforward/out_of_the_box method to customize that?

Please try to customize ‘tab-bar-show’ to the value ‘1’
that means to hide the tab-bar when it has only one tab.

Hi Juri:

I tried this and it works pretty fine auto hiding the tab-bar. But I
have an issue.

when I add this to my init file:

(setq-default tab-bar-show 1)

then, if I open a tab with `C-x t 2` it shows the tab-bar and the new
tab, but I don't get bindings like `C-TAB`; but I get the `C-x t o`

After some checks I see that the problem is that in spite of I see the
tabs, the variable tab-bar-mode is still nil.

Any help?
Thanks in advance,

Ergus.